By Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat hafizahullah
In recent times, people distressed with ailments – internal and external – have resorted to people who cure through ta’weez and, in some cases, through the agency of jinn (or mu’akkal as some call it). I do not intend to go into the depth of the evils that lie within this institution, but would sincerely request readers to take note of the following points with a fair mind and without being biased so that we may be saved from the deceit of Shaytan which is hidden in the form of pious saintly people who claim to have supernatural powers to cure illnesses and solve problems.
1. Illnesses, problems, calamities, and quarrels are natural for humans, and one should look for remedies and solutions through lawful means. One should not, without any endeavour, assume the problem or illness to be through black magic or an outside effect. Refer to the doctors and have it treated.
2. If one is suffering from anxiety and depression, and cannot find peace of mind, then he/she should check his/her life and see where the Commands of Allah and His Rasool sallallahu alayhi wasallam are being violated. Come nearer to Allah through His Remembrance, for that is where the contentment of heart and peace of mind lies. “In the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction” (Al Qur’an 13:28).
3. The knowledge of the unseen is an Attribute of Allah the Almighty Only. None in the heavens and on earth knows the unseen except Allah. Many of these “so-called” healers claim to know many things of the unseen and to believe such people could lead one to kufr. Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam has said, “One who resorts to an arraf (fortune-teller) and asks him about anything, Salah will not be accepted from him for forty days.” (Muslim) Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam has also said, “One who resorts to a kahin (soothsayer/claimant to the knowledge of the unseen) and believes him in what he says, has rejected that which has been sent down to Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wasallam.”
4. Those who violate the law of Allah cannot be pious. A Walee (Friend) of Allah is one who abstains from disobedience to Allah. Those who touch women, who treat women without any veil or partition, who sit with women in solitude i.e. without a male mahram, how can they possibly be the Friends of Allah. Do not be deceived, friends.
5. In case of doubt, contact your local ulama or those who have been known to you for years for their taqwa, piety and reliability. In sha’ Allah, their guidance will save you from going into the wrong hands.
NOW TO SAFEGUARD YOURSELF FROM BLACK-MAGIC
Allah ta’ala, through his Infinite Mercy, has taught His Servants such du’a and recitation which does not only cure, but saves them from the evil effects of black-magic, jinn, etc.:
1. After completing fardh Salah, recite the masnoon waza’if and thereafter ayatul kursi.
Note: Ayatul kursi is a verse from Surah Baqarah starting Allahu laa’ilaaha illaa huwal… (Al Qur’an 2:255)
2. Before going to Sleep, read Ayatul kursi. Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam has said, “Whoever recites Ayatul kursi at night, a protector (angel) from Allah continually safeguards him and Shaytaan will not come near him until morning.”(Bukhari)
3. Read Surah lkhlas, Surah Falaq and Surah Naas after every fardh Salaah. (Read them thrice after the Fajr and Maghrib Salah).
4. Before going to sleep, read the last two verses of Surah Baqarah. Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam has said, “Whoever recites the last two verses of Surah Al Baqarah at night, they will be sufficient for him. “ (They will save him from Shaytaan and other misfortunes). (Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmizi, Aboo Dawood, Nasaee, Ibne Majah)
5. Read the following du’a in abundance:
A’oozu bikalimaatil’laahit taam’maati min shar’ri maa khalaq
Translation: I seek refuge in all the Perfect Words Of Allah from the mischief of His Creations. (Muslim, Tirmizi, Ibne Majah)
6. Read the following du’a at the beginning of the day and night:
Bismil’laahil lazi laa yadhur’ru ma’a ismihi shay’un fil ardhi walaa fis samaa’i wahuwas samee’ul ‘aleem
Translation: In the Name of Allah with Whose Name nothing can cause harm in the earth and the heaven. And He is All Hearing, All Knowing. (Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi, Ibne Maiah, Hakim)
The above-mentioned prayers will, in Sha Allah, prevent the evil effects of black-magic and other outside effects. These are measures derived directly from the teaching of the Messenger of Allah sallallahu alayhi wasallam and, if recited regularly, with sincerity, yaqeen and Trust in Allah, then one will never complain of evil-effects.
REMEDY FOR ILLNESSES
Regular recitation of the above-mentioned is also effective in removing evil effects. Along with these azkar, turn to Allah, repent sincerely and beseech Him. After all, it is He Only that brings cure to every illness and solution to every problem. The following du’a are also effective for cure:
Allaahumma rabban naas, azhibil ba’s, ishfi antas shaafi, laa shifaa’a illaa shifaa’uk, shifaa’an laa yughaadiru suqman
Translation: 0 Allah 0 the Lord Of the people! Remove the pain. Grant cure, You are the Curer. There is no cure except Your Cure. Grant such a cure that leaves no sickness. (Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmizi, ibne Majah)
Bismillaahi arqeeka, min kulli shay’in yu’zeeka, wa min sharri kulli nafsin aw ‘aynin haasidin, allaahu yashfeeka, bismillaahi arqeeka.
Translation: In The Name of Allah I make damm (blow) upon you from everything which harms you and from the evil of every person or jealous eye. May Allah grant you cure. In The Name of Allah I make damm (blow) on you. (Muslim, Ibne Majah)
Once again, remember that those people who violate the laws of Allah, cannot be saintly persons. Seek guidance from ulama who are known to you. In sha’Allah, you will not go wrong. May Allah safeguard all Muslims from calamities; may He safeguard their Deen; may He give them the correct understanding of Deen; may He keep them away from every action which is contrary to the teachings of Islam and which brings the Displeasure of Allah.